Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who the "F" Cares What Sharon Stone Thinks?

Today must have been the day for certain celebrities to get it into their silly heads that the rest of us really give a rat's you know what WHAT they think. Or, that if they say something, we should all automatically gasp and say, "Oh, WOW, she's so deep!"
Take Sharon Stone, for example. You know, "Ms. One Spread My Legs and Show My Muff Shot Wonder" (if you don't know what I am talking about, watch "Basic Instinct"). Anyway, she was blathering on about how the US has really mucked up Iraq and bemoaning all the dead people over there (NOT our troops, but, the citizens). Ok, fine, it IS awful that so many people have died (on both sides) but it just irks me how it's in the paper as if what this dumb blonde actress thinks makes all of the difference in the world.
Now, just before I signed on, I saw that Lindsay Lohan (and we all know how credible SHE is) is weighing in on how "the industry" was responsible for Heath Ledger's recent death (by "accidental" OD). First off, did she even KNOW the dude? Secondly, Heath Ledger was responsible for his death because he took too many of all the wrong sort of pills all at the same time.
I guess what annoys me, really, is how "the news" elects to publish what "famous" people think as if they are somehow wiser than the rest of us. And, there is really no limits on what they weigh in on; any subject is fair game. It is almost to the point (for me) that if a "celebrity" says anything, I'll believe the opposite.
I can hardly wait (not) for all of the celebrities to come out in support of this or that candidate for the US. Well, it's already happening; we know who is supporting Obama, at least. I guess I'll end up voting for the person no nim-rod famous person weighs in on.
And, oh by the way, I have to admit that this was one thing about Cesar Millan's books (The Dog Whisperer) that I recently read that started getting on my nerves; the way he hero-worshiped Oprah Winfrey. You know, the lady who decides for the rest of us what books we should all be reading.
Ok, enough of THIS rant!
Mrs. B

No comments: