Monday, February 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. I just discovered this morning that my dog Lucy does NOT like bananas.
2. Clyde's medicine makes him act "freaky-deaky"; already this morning he has walked on top of Mark's radio (turning it on in the process), gotten so tangled up in his blankets that they (and he) toppled onto the floor, and, in his attempt to get behind the blinds near the window by his perch, got himself stuck in said blinds.
3. Clyde won't eat much these days except the gravy/juice from his canned cat food. Uncle Chuck (his vet) is going to put him on an appetite stimulant. I guess, like it does for people, Chemo kills an appetite.
4. It was 27 degrees outside this morning when Lucy and I went out for our walk.
5. I am pleased to report that Lucy is doing very well with our new "Dog Whisperer" techniques. Most days, I don't even have to put her pinch collar on her!
6. Friday, however, she was a bad girl. We went to the vet (she had to have a "booster" treatment for her heart worm). When we got there, she jumped out of the back of the car before I could get her leash on. She ran around sniffing all of the bushes and then ran across the parking lot to the pee area. I knew enough not to chase her so I simply went over to the door and waited for her to come by. She did; I reached out for her and she darted away so I had to put "mean mom" voice on and she came slinking over to me, tail between her legs. I put her leash on and we went back to the car where she jumped back inside and we then exited the car the correct way.
7. We got out all of her toys yesterday (we'd been keeping them hidden so that she wouldn't get too excited and play too much during her "calm" period). It was like doggie Christmas!
8. We are still waiting to hear from JJ Nelson regarding when they will be over here to clean the damn hardwood floors. These floor will probably still be an issue when I'm 64 years old.
9. But, at least I didn't die one hour after being married during my first dance with my new husband (I just read that this happened to a 36 year old woman; how terribly sad).
11. The Kid is coming over tonight and I'm going to make one of those molten lava chocolate cakes as a treat for her. Who says I'm an evil step-mother?
12. Mr. B has decided to take fish oil supplements. For some reason, this just grosses me out.
13. It is time to go get on the elliptical machine for 40 minutes or so. I am dragging this morning and don't want to do it!
14. It's my allergies; the wind (and we've had a lot of it lately) has caused my allergies to rear up. I feel like my head is stuffed with straw or something.
15. We are having "Cheez-It Chicken w/ Wilted Spinach" for dinner tonight (along with the molten lava chocolate cake). Which reminds me, I'd better take the chicken out of the freezer.

Mrs. B

3 comments:

Mr. B said...

Well, I can tell you that the floors will not still be an issue when you are 64! Mainly because I will rip those boards up myself and shove them so far up Demetrius' ...

Well, anyhow, you get the idea!

Anonymous said...

Father & I take fish oil caps. I used to do vitamin E & the caps look very much the same & slide down the throat both as creepily. Do I feel differently after dumping E several years ago?... No. Do I feel differently after taking fish oil 2 months.... No.

Analee said...

kendal will eat all the bananas that lucy won't. he loves them.