Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Random Thoughts #2

1. Yesterday was one of "those" days. The garbage people came, even though it was Presidents Day (they did NOT come on MLK day, what does that mean? That MLK was more important than George and Abe?) Anyway, I tried to get the garbage can out to the curb before they rumbled down our street but I missed them.
2. In so doing, I discovered that Lucy does NOT like garbage cans.
3. Lucy is being a brat about taking her antibiotic pills. Usually, we wrap the pill up in a small piece of cheese and she wolfs it down. Lately, after about ten pills, she protests; which means open mouth, cram pill down throat THEN she gets the cheese. She's certainly had enough experience with pills these past few months. Clyde, on the other hand, tolerates his pills being crammed down his throat rather well.
4. At least Lucy's "hump" (lump, swelling, whatever) from the injection site (from the heart worm treatment) has subsided.
5. Clyde was not crapping. This was causing us some alarm, especially since there are now little cancer tumors in his tummy (which apparently his Chemo on Friday shrunk, which is good). Uncle Chuck told me to administer vegetable oil via syringe. So, I did, off and on yesterday. Last night there was a HUGE poop in his box; almost normal looking, too. Woo Hoo! I was so happy, I gave Mark a huge hug for joy. Clyde's escaped taking the one way trip yet again.
7. So, I finally got around to getting my passport picture taken yesterday (my current passport expires in May so I have to get it renewed before we go to Mexico at the end of June). I went to FedEx (long story on how long it took me to find the damn place) because I wanted to get the picture taken and mail off everything all at one go. Problem. FedEx doesn't deliver to PO Boxes and that is the only address the government provided. So, off to the USPS. Problem. They were closed yesterday.
8. Did I mention that yesterday was one of "those" days?
9. At least we finally got the weekend/location nailed down for our big family reunion (mom's side) this summer. THAT was a feat, let me tell you.
10. I am leaving for my two week jaunt to Florida tomorrow morning, Lucy in tow. I think she has more gear than I do.
11. I'm not sure how consistent my Internet access will be so, there might not be much blogging. Damn, I wanted to chronicle my first road trip with a dog, too.
12. Why doesn't the spell check on this thing work? If there are mis-spellings contained in this entry, blame it on Google.

Mrs. B

No comments: