Friday, December 12, 2008

Lucy and Lily

As I wrote this entry's title, I realized I'm already doing what my Father used to do with me and my sister Ann; which is refer to us as "Ann, I mean Amy" or, "Amy, I mean Ann" with Lucy and Lily! Hmmm...maybe I should have named Lily "Repeat" or "Repete" or "Lil Pete" but, frankly, I don't think her personality would have fit those names. She's a fairly demanding little creature (and a little hog at that). She's sure to become the Diva of the household, as evidenced by these pictures of her "sharing" Lucy's bed the other night.
Note Lucy's look of resignation!
It IS nice that Lily is no longer "afraid" of Lucy (although I'm not so sure she was afraid so much as irritated). They probably won't be as close as Lucy and Pete seem to be (who cuddle a lot more together, Pete plays with Lucy's tail, rubs up against her and accepts Lucy's "kisses") but, this is a start and we were very pleased when Lily climbed up onto the bed with Lucy on her own. Of course, the fact that the bed was in front of the fire might have had something to do with it!

Lily thinks about taking a bite!

By the way, the nickname I'd first bestowed on Lily, "Wee Wee" (because she was so incredibly small when we got her) is not going to be appropriate much longer if she keeps up with her eating habits. Now, I've taken to calling her "Weeze". This is a subject for another entry; how animals (and people) end up with the nicknames they get!

Lily...not quite as "Wee Wee" as she was four weeks ago!

Mrs. B

4 comments:

Analee said...

oh man! i've already missed out on the little kitty phase. they already look like juvenile cats! SO BIG!

Mr. B said...

Yeah, they're not too little anymore and getting bigger every week. Hard to believe that the two of them eat as much as they do.

Mrs. B said...

Well, they may be bigger but they still have A TON of kitten in them, Analee! No worries there!
I am taking them to see "Uncle Chuck" on December 30th so we can get weights on them, etc.

Assuming you are here Xmas, you'll get an eyeful of kitten antics!

Analee said...

i can't wait. i bet kendal will like watching them too... wonder who he'll be more interested in... the "dah dah dah" or the "dat dat dat"