Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dinner Conversation Cards

These cards came in a package I received from Omaha Steaks yesterday. When I saw them, I thought to myself, "Perfect! My next Blog topic!"
Here goes!
Would you rather drive an expensive sports car or be driven in a limousine?
I assume this means for life as opposed to a one time choice. I think I'd prefer to drive myself as a rule (or have Mr. B drive the sports car) rather than having a chauffeur drive me around all over the place. Although I have to admit not having to ever worry about getting annoyed at other drivers again or finding a place to park, etc., could make the limo option a tempting thought (so long as I didn't have to pay for the gas!)
If you were offered a free recording contract, would you take it?
Now, who would say no to this one? Even though I'D never be the one doing the singing, I assume I could find someone I know that would jump at this opportunity (and I'd take a fair cut of whatever money they earned).
If you had to give up one of your senses, what would it be?
I hate this question! I'd give up my ESP abilities before I'd give up any other (I do believe we all have some sixth sense). If forced to chose between the other five, I guess I'd pick the sense of smell.

What is the naughtiest thing you remember doing as a child?
Probably a toss up between ripping up a neighbor's mail or throwing M&Ms into another neighbor's pool. At least these are the two worst things I got caught out on!
If you were offered free cosmetic surgery, would you do it?
Hell yes! Especially if the offer included Lasik.
If you could live one year as the opposite sex, would you?
I don't think so. I may end up liking it more than being a female, then what?
Would you rather be smarter or better looking?
Smarter. Hands down. We all know looks fade. Smarts might, too; but chances are you'll be a lot older before that happens and you wouldn't know enough any longer to care, anyway.
Would you like to climb Mt. Everest?
I'm thinking probably not!
Mrs. B






3 comments:

Margot said...

2nd worst thing I ever did as a child: 8 yr old Markie Richey found something strange between his toes. 10 yr old Moi knew it was athlete's foot but I told him that it was leprosy. & that his fingers, toes, & nose would fall off. He'd be driven into the woods to live off roots & berries. & he'd never see his mother again.

Poor Markie went howling home to his mother & I tho't OH OH! Mrs. Richey would be on the horn to my mother & Mom would hang me up to dry!

My stomach was on churn for a day or 2 but nothing happened.

Either Markie was so incoherent on arrival that Mrs. R. couldn't get enuf to complain about or Mom just rolled her eyes.

Markie is 64 now. I haven't seen him since he was 10. hee hee!

PS. Markie (helped) land me in the worst dutch when I was 5 but that's another story.

Analee said...

i posted my response on your facebook page, but thought i'd put it here too!

Would you rather drive an expensive sports car or be driven in a limousine?

totally a sports car for me.

If you were offered a free recording contract, would you take it?

only if it came with a free t-shirt for all my friends.

If you had to give up one of your senses, what would it be?

smell, totally. not that i don't like smelling nice smells, but being a migraine sufferer, i'm pretty sensitive to most smells.

What is the naughtiest thing you remember doing as a child?

kicking our dogs.

If you were offered free cosmetic surgery, would you do it?

without hesitation so long as the surgeon was board certified!

If you could live one year as the opposite sex, would you?

no. i don't think i'd like stuff hanging between my legs.

Would you rather be smarter or better looking?

smarter. unless my smarts were only random trivia smarts, then i'd pick beauty.

Would you like to climb Mt. Everest?
if i were in shape and i could control the weather, yes!

Mr. B said...

The cards came with the order? First I've heard that they sent things like that along with the food. Before it was always the cooking manual (not a real cookbook, like you said the other night), catalogs and special offers. Or maybe they have sent them before and I just never really paid attention to anything, but the food.