Wednesday, December 3, 2008

16 Random Things, Thoughts, Goals, Etc. About ME

Taken from my Face Book page (thanks, Melissa, this was a lot of fun!) Don't have any creativity in me this morning; other issues are sapping my brain strength right now. So, here ya go!
1. I am obsessive about using proper sentence structure in my text messages. Rarely will I use all lower case letters or abbreviations. Thus, it takes me forever to send a text message. I think this came from my days of using a Black Berry when I worked. Since I sent messages to my boss all the time, I sort of got in the habit of trying to appear smart!
2. After I divorced my first husband, I impulsively got my navel pierced while in Las Vegas with an old boyfriend (he got a tattoo). Later, I took the diamond from my wedding band and had it made into a naval ring. I stopped wearing navel rings a long time ago and in all honesty, I have no idea where that thing is now (the naval ring OR the old boyfriend!)
3. I used to be able to routinely bowl 200 games. Not any longer, though!
4. I don’t think mammograms hurt all that much.
5. I love to crochet blankets while watching movies on DVD. In the past 2 two years I’ve made 2 (including one for a king-sized bed) and am about done with a 3rd (for a queen-sized bed). It’s a great activity for a somewhat compulsive person!
6. I can get irritated with disorganized people. Not to be confused with messy people. Some of the messiest people I’ve known have been the most organized. But, I’m certainly not messy, either.
7. People that don’t reply to emails in a timely matter really get on my nerves.
8. I could eat “mom’s” (now mine, too) burritos more often than I allow myself to. Talk about comfort food!
9. My Father calls me Christina (my middle name) more often than he calls me Amy.
10. I absolutely hate cleaning out the lint trap in the dryer.
11. I keep track of how much money I save every month using coupons/reward cards and then move that amount into a savings account for our trip to Italy in 2010. It’s a fun way to save money and it motivates me to try harder to shop specials, use coupons, etc.
12. I’m not overly friendly to strangers and I don’t go out of my way to get to know my neighbors other than general politeness. I’m happy enough with my family and my friends.
13. Although I’m not a huge fan of Halloween, one of these days, I’d like to host or attend a swanky costume ball so that I can dress up like Elizabeth I of England.
14. I never watch TV with the rare exception of once a year events like The Super Bowl or The Academy Awards. I have no use for it. I will, however, watch certain TV shows on DVD.
15. I hate wearing make-up now. I put it on for certain occasions and that’s about it. This is somewhat shocking to me since I used to REALLY REALLY care about how I looked. Now, well, as long as I am clean and don’t stink, I figure that’s good enough for most days.
16. One of these days, I WILL write a novel.
Mrs. B

3 comments:

Margot said...

#12... A lot of people don't want to "know their neighbors" but, believe it... the older one gets, the more impt it SHOULD be to "know one's neighbors." You & Mark haven't reached that KTN stage.

Margot said...

15. You look much younger w/o all the makeup you used to wear!

Melissa said...

I am SO borrowing your #11 idea! So smart -- and great motivation to get the best deal!