Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yum-o! But, Now I'm FAT-O! OUGHT-O!!!

This is not meant to be a slight against Rachel Ray, but, some thing's dawned on me and I think there is a conspiracy going on!
Most people know who she is and probably own at least one of her cookbooks (I have two) and/or subscribe to "Everyday with Rachel Ray" or watch her show or or or. Mr. B got me one of her cookbooks a few years ago and I really do like it a lot. The other one he got me a few years later I don't quite like as much, but, it's okay (this one is meals for 2, 4, 6, 8 the other is 365 recipes; I like that one because, in a lot of cases, she provides a "master" recipe and then suggests changes here and to it that ends up making the original recipe something somewhat similar but different enough).

I've noticed (at least in these two cookbooks) that a) she tends to use very rich ingredients (and generously so) and b) the portions are HUGE. Most of the recipes in the 365 book say "serves 4"; well, yeah, 4 linebackers, maybe! Needless to say, we typically end up with a lot of leftovers when I make a Rachel Ray recipe. Not a bad thing; especially that smoked Gouda mac and cheese...YUM-O!
Anyway, on to what I think is a conspiracy.
I signed up for Face Book awhile back. Often times, there are advertisements running down the right side of the page (tres annoying). One day I paid attention and realized it was all about dieting; like, Oprah's berry diet (who the you know what cares; as if I'm going to follow the diet of a woman that can't decide what weight she wants to be in the first place) or the supermodel diet (eat a fu$$ing cracker you bimbos!). Also on there, though, is a plug from Rachel Ray for the "Flat Belly Diet". Say what? A diet from the woman that named one of her chicken recipes "Big Meaty Thighs"?


Ok, I GET it! She's made us all fat by getting us addicted to her yum-o recipes. Now, she's gonna suck us into this diet so we can go from fat-o to slim-o to flat-o.
Yum-o, fat-o, slim-o, flat-o.
It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!
Mrs. B

3 comments:

Mr. B said...

You're not fat!

Margot said...

I'll second Mr. B!

I can't imagine Ms. Ray eating food from her own receipes day after day, esp. in the quantities they produce. Paula Deen yes, Ms. R. no.

Analee said...

weight watchers teaches you to diet through portion control. even though her "serving" is large, doesn't mean you have to eat that much!

that being said, i'd much rather eat small portions of yummy, rich foods than large portions of nasty, tasteless food. don't you agree?

of coarse - thanksgiving and christmas is the WORST time of year to "feel" fat. oh well. guess that is what new years' resolutions were created for! :)