Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We'll Soon Have Two New Additions To Our Family!

PeteLily
Yey! I just got word from the cat adoption place that, after a bit of pins and needles waiting, everything checked out fine with our application! We'll be bringing Pete and Lily (AKA Scooby and Velma) home this coming Saturday!
I have to say...although I certainly understand that these organizations put their hearts and souls (and money) into caring for the cats/kittens before they are adopted, I felt sort of like it was going to take an act of Congress to get them to say yes. Of course, it wasn't all that bad, it just seemed that way while I was waiting.
The one potential snag was I'd commented on the application (in answer to their question as to whether they'd be indoor or outdoor cats) that, although we firmly believed cats should be indoor cats only, we had, on occasion, allowed Nigel outside (supervised).
Ooops. Wrong thing to say. I got drilled over that one! They wrote back and said we'd have to commit to NEVER letting them outside EVER! Ok, fine; we will, but, please, check out our vet reference as I think the fact we've both owned pets for long periods of time, have cared for them, loved them, etc., shows we have always been responsible pet owners. Should that not be more important than an occasional outside romp?
Case in point, we WON'T be letting Pete and Lily outside. I don't want to worry about them scampering under the fence or scaling up over it before we can get to them! Not to mention, the backyard is Lucy's territory.
I almost had a melt-down in between the email drilling me over the outside thing and the one saying everything came back fine (they'd probably since talked to "Uncle" Chuck Miller who I am sure gave us a rave review). I was freaking that "someone" was questioning my cat-caring ability/technique (now I know how some parents might feel when people they don't even know question what they are doing with their kids). I was wishing there was some way for this lady to do a quick seance and check in with Nigel and Clyde and Freckles and Muffy and Buppy (Mark's dogs who lived long lives as well). Seriously, this seemed worse than the process of obtaining a security clearance!
Anyway, what really matters is we were approved, they'll be coming home soon and...Mrs. B is about ready to embark (along with Mr. B and Lucy) on hopefully another 15+ wonderful years with a pair of kitties!
And man, is life gonna change around here :-)
Mrs. B
PS
Yes, I know; these are the same pictures as before but they are the only ones I have (right now). I'll have the camera charged up and ready!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Now we can definitely say that twins run in our family. Congratulations!!! Sorry that I was absolutely no help on name ideas...we have a good neighborhood couple friends that are named Pete and Maria, so I was unable to get them out of my mind.

Margot said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!! Ditto from Father, Tim, & Murphy. U're right; backyard should be Lucy's domain.

We went thru less grilling w/Home At Last. But we'd spent about 40 minutes w/Timmy's "mom" & had a home visit from the 2 other women who'd brought Murphy.

You know that the Burling household will be a wonderful home for the adoption center's babies. Uncle Chuck knows, too. But the center has to be sure.

The bottom line is that the Burling household is now complete.

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

Oh I'm so excited for you and Mr. B! There is nothing sweeter than fuzzy kittens.

Analee said...

i can't wait to smell them! i love the smell of kittens.

except for bo, he has always had stinky breath. he never smelled good, although he is clean and parasite free... he just always has the nastiest smelling breath.

HEY, maybe you need to have a baby shower too!