Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Books Yet To Be Read

So, Mr. B and my dad got together several months ago and made 4 HUMONGOUS bookcases, two for mom and dad, two for us. Mr. B has a bit of refinishing work to do on them yet, but then, they'll (somehow) get moved upstairs and it'll be time to load 'em up (we already have three large bookcases up there so we'll also be doing some reorganizing; like, novels in one, Sci Fi/Fantasy in another (and yes, Mr. B has sufficient of these to fill up one bookcase) historical (ditto me and books about the Tudors!), etc.
I have SO MANY books laying around waiting to be read! Not only ones that belong to Mr. B that I've gotten into but have not read them all (series like The Sword of Truth or Anita Blake Vampire Hunter) but also ones I've had for awhile and still have not read them (biographies, mostly; one on Benjamin Franklin, another on Abraham Lincoln, yet another on Lord Byron and, of course, inevitably, several on either the Tudors or people that surrounded them).
Then, there are the ones I've bought fairly recently, even though there was absolutely no reason to since I have all the above mentioned ones waiting to be read. These are the ones on the fairly current best seller lists, like, "The Memory Keeper's Daughter", "Water for Elephants", "The Gargoyle", "The Other Queen", "New Moon" (the 2nd in the Twilight series; I admit I sort of got sucked into that story) and "A Lion Among Men" (the 3rd in the "Wicked" series; I'm always up for something about Oz!)
I am currently reading (and almost through with) "Son of a Witch" (2nd in the "Wicked" series). I doubt I'll want to go right into the one about the Cowardly Lion, so, I'll have to chose amongst all these books which one I will read next!
A great dilemma, right?
Oh, BTW, it's about time for my annual book review series (of all the books I read/listened to in 2008; again a few over 30). I think this year, to save time (and for brevity's sake since I seem to have a problem finishing up my series these days..."Flawed at the Core" and the posts about our recent vacation being prime examples), I will NOT review the ones I thought stunk, I'll just mention the book, who wrote it, and that I thought it stunk.
Mrs. B

No comments: