Monday, April 20, 2009

Sometimes It's Just Easier To Post Stuff I've Already Written!

Actually, I stumbled across this journal entry (as in from one of my actual journals) today quite by accident. For some reason, this particular journal (from age 41-43) was in a basket in the upstairs office (I usually move my completed journals into a big box in the garage; and, yes, they are all labeled with the age(s) I was while writing them. Very, very anal, I know).
Anyway, I liked this, so, here it is. This makes me wonder whatever little nuggests of Amy-wisdom are contained in that box out in the garage? Ha ha. At least I have years upon years of material for when I find myself stymied with coming up with something new to post here.
Mrs. B

10 August 2007
Been awhile, hasn't it? It's summer, it's hot; just not a lot going on worth writing about. Not that I haven't been writing, I have; but mostly on my Blog and a bit on "The Fate Scheduler" but not much. It's going to take me forever to write this book.
So, I am, at long last, coming to the end of this particular journal. Almost two years since I started it. Frankly, it's been a bit of a tough two years, which is amazing to admit given how cushy my life is now. But, there's been a lot of changes, both external to me, within me, etc. And it goes on.
I told Don W yesterday that we should be happy that we've had enough life to spill onto a page 2 or 3 of a resume. Along that train of thought, I feel lucky that I've had so much life experience to fill up over 30 years of diaries and journals. I am thankful I felt the need all those years ago to record my life (silly as some of those earliest entries were; boring as some of the latest ones might be).
I can go to the "Journal Box" in the garage, open it up, pull out a journal at random and instantly be back to that place and time; that Amy. As I read, memories of events I didn't write about come back to me as well. I can feel how I felt, be who I was; and, then, upon closing it, be grateful for who I am today and who I am yet to become.
For, another thing that keeping these journals has taught me is; I won't be the same person, exactly at the end of the next one that I am at the end of this one. The new, blank pages will be filled with experiences and events that I can't really imagine; nor, do I really want to.
One day, these journals will end when I end. They might sit moldering in their box forever, it doesn't really matter. Maybe someone will find them one day and make their way though them all. My life, in a box!
But, for now, it's time to sign off and go find my next blank journal.


No comments: