Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Percolating


I sorta go through these stages from time to time (ok, not "sorta", I DO) when I feel like I'm just working on what's next, whatever it might be. Stuff is goin' on in my brain; lots of thoughts jumping all over like Mexican jumping beans or those weird ideas you get when you look at an ink blot and are supposed to say what you think it resembles. Wait, that's not what I meant! Rather, when you're given a prompt; a word, a sentence, a color, a smell; and you are supposed to blurt out whatever comes into your mind first. Ping pong, ping pong.
One thing I wish I had was a small recording device with an input and and output plug (whatever they are called; you'd think I'd know the correct term; you know, something similar to what you connect your TV and DVD player together with). The input plug would go into my brain (painlessly, of course) and the output would connect to my lap top. That way, all of the random stuff floating around in there, whether I am awake or asleep, could get recorded. Then, I'd just have to read it, sort through it, edit it (I'm more than decent at that), and, e voila, a masterpiece.
Ain't gonna happen, though.
So, anyway, rest assured, dear readers, thoughts, ideas, concepts, stories, random inaneness et al is brewing away ready to be poured out.
Just not today!
In the meantime, because I know there those of you who check here daily, below, at least, is something (posted on my FB page this past Sunday).
Mrs. B

50 Things You Haven't Been Asked (Actually 48 Because #24 And #28 Were Missing)
Actually, I HAVE been asked several of these. I wasn't going to do this Note but, Mr. B is asleep, it's a hot, lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm not motivated to do anything but answer silly trivia questions.

1, What color is your toothbrush?Non-descript Oral B electric thingie...who knows? White, I guess!


2, Name one person who made you smile today?Uh, no one yet :-(


3, What were you doing at 8 am today?Sleeping


4, What were you doing 45 minutes ago?Something on the computer + folding laundry


5, What is your favorite candy bar?Dark chocolate so either Hershey’s Special Dark, York Peppermint Pattie or Mounds


6, Have you ever been to a strip club?Yes, some b-day; probably 21st. I think my boss at the time (a woman) was a lot more into it than the rest of us (considerably younger party goers) were!


7, What is the last thing you said aloud?I can’t remember. Mr. B’s been asleep on the couch for almost two hours and all the pets are also sacked out so no one is around to talk to and two hours ago is a long time to remember. Wait, I’m repeating myself!


8, What is your favorite ice cream flavor?Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough


9, What was the last thing you had to drink?Diet Coke


10, Do you like your wallet?Yes, I got it in Lucca, Italy. Lovely red Italian leather!


11, What was the last thing you ate?Scrambled eggs (1/2 real, ½ Egg Beaters), veggie sausage and 1 slice whole wheat toast. I can tell ya how many calories, if you care!


12, Have you bought any new clothing items this week?Yes. Don’t you want to know what?


13, The last sporting event you watched?Hurricanes game last Tuesday. They won in the final 0.2 seconds; I won’t soon be forgetting that game!


14, What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?The stuff from the movies that is SO bad for you


15, Who is the last person you sent a text message too?My brother Nathaniel


16, Ever go camping?Yes


17, Do you take vitamins daily?Yes, and, except for allergies (which vitamins cannot assist with), I am hardly ever sick


18, Do you give to church/charity?Yes, a few charities


19, Do you have a tan?I have a glow


20, Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?Probably not


21, Do you drink your soda with a straw?If there is one available


22, What did your last text message say?Uh, the one to my brother mentioned above or the last one I received? In any event, no one’s biz!


23, What are you doing tomorrow?Nothing much exciting. Typical Monday around here


24, No Number 24


25, Look to your left, what do you see?Pie safe


26, What color is your watch?Don’t wear a watch


27, What do you think of when you hear Australia?Reminds me of when I went there in 2002 for work


28, No #28


29, Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?I don’t go very often but if I do, I’ll usually go inside because I’m probably on a road trip and I probably have to use the bathroom


30, What is your favorite number?I don’t really have one


31, Who's the last person you talked to on the phone?Someone who called for Mr. B but didn’t want to leave a message (likely a telemarketer)


32, Any plans today?We are supposed to make dinner together. We might have a martini and play some cards


33, How many states have you lived in?IN, CA, KY, CO, NC = 5 (although I lived in California three separate times AND lived for summers in MA, OH and NY)


34, Biggest annoyance right now?Allergies


35, Last song listened to?Some song on XM in the car on the way home last night. I think it was 80s rock


36,Can you say the alphabet backwards?Unfortunately, no


37, Do you have a maid service clean your house?I did but I fired them because they couldn’t do the job right. So, now it’s up to me


38, Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?I don’t have one favorite pair of shoes (I have WAY TOO MANY). My absolute favorite is NO SHOES


39, Are you jealous of anyone?No


40, Is anyone jealous of you?Unlikely


41, Do you love anyone?Yes


42, Do any of your friends have children?A few friends do


43, What do you usually do during the day?It really depends on the day but you can rest assured that at least some of it I’ll be on the computer (unless I am on vacation)


44, Do you hate anyone that you know right now?No


45, Do you use the word 'hello' daily?I guess, if someone calls me or says something really dumb that needs to be commented on, like “HELLO?”


46, What color is your car?Grey or Silver (depending on which one I’m driving)


47, Do you like cats?I’d better, since I have two of them!


48, Are you thinking about someone right now?I guess I’m thinking I wish Mr. B would wake up soon. Does that count?


49, Have you ever been to Six Flags?Several different Six Flags


50, How did you get your worst scar?I had a cyst or something on my back (spine) which they (good old Kaiser HMO) did a terrible job of removing. Left an gnarly looking scare and ruined my chances for wearing low back cut dresses

No comments: