Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Full Day of Family

Meant, of course, in a POSITIVE way!
This morning, I went to the Farmers Market with Nathaniel, Analee, Kendal and Holly. They picked me up around 10 and off we went.
Despite it being a tad chilly at first, it was a lovely morning. And, the market was PACKED (turns out it was the first day of it being open from 8-12).
My primary reason for going was to pick up a few items so that I can try my hand at cooking something for Monday's book discussion group from fresh and local produce. I figured I should since it's the books theme, after all. And, I've got some time on my hands to be creative.
So, we wandered around; tons of people, dogs, strollers and an Easter egg hunt going on to boot.
I ended up buying:
1. Butter leaf lettuce
2. Radishes
3. Kale
4. Green Garlic (I THOUGHT this was a huge bunch of scallions....not)
5. Eggs
6. Farmer's Cheese
7. Cranberry Nut Loaf
8. Wine
Obviously what I concoct won't be made 100% from local ingredients, but, it'll be over 50%. I'll keep y'all posted on what I end up doing.
Anyway, here is a nice picture of Kendal (although I cut off a bit of his head; hard to take pictures with a cell phone into the direct sun):
When I got home, my other SIL contacted me and asked if I wanted to stop by later that afternoon for a cocktail on their sunny front porch. Sure!
So, after checking on the townhouse (new tenants move in Thursday), off I went, Lucy in tow.
We ended up sitting outside for several hours sipping our drinks, chatting, and watching the girls play. Lucy did really well with them; they LOVED getting Lucy kisses!
Here are pictures of the girls with their mom and dad (Jon with Sophie and Shannon with Jacqueline):
All in all (and, in fact, the past few days), I've felt blessed to have my wonderful family nearby to hang out with and keep me from being a lonely CPA "Widow".
BTW, Mr. B IS alive and kicking. Tomorrow begins the final 10 day shove. His life is pretty much the same from day to day and night to night. His big excitement was a deer ran into his car the other night while he was on his way home from work. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt, the deer walked away, and the BMW wasn't overly impacted (thank GOD it wasn't our TBD new car!)
Mrs. B

No comments: