Saturday, March 7, 2009

Trip Update

So far, all's been well on our trip. The only frustrating thing (and, really, only a mild frustration) has been I've not been able to hook up wirelessly to my step-mom's network. We had a time of it last year and finally got it figured out. We sat down yesterday (with the instructions we'd written down last year (thinking we were so smart to do so)) and, crap. It won't work. We called the router company (Linksys) and they were zero help since, apparently the warranty on the router has expired and they don't offer free technical support after that. Since I am able to plug into the router via a cable and at least get to the Internet (and email and Facebook and My Blog), no sense in paying money for me for a few days, right?
Anyway. We had a nice time in Ocala with Mom and Dad B and Fritz (although Fritz and Lucy got into a bit one day while Lucy was on her leash and he got too close to her; no harm, though). We never saw the cats Snoopy and Peanut (other than in pictures Dad B took of them sitting outside our bedroom door at 5:00 am). We had lots of talk time, went out to lunch, went on a long walk, had a nice dinner at home when I arrived, etc. We'll be stopping back there on our way home, I believe that will be St. Pat's Day!
We drove down to Weeki Wachi (home of the famous Weeki Wachee Mermaids) Thursday. Margot made a fantastic standing rib roast for our welcome dinner. Yum (although Lucy did not get any). Yesterday we went to a Thai place for lunch, sat around a played games and chatted. Today has been laid-back as well (other than the wireless connection frustration noted above; this, as my Father pointed out, begs a Blog entry of its own). Tonight, we're going to a dinner theater to see "Thoroughly Modern Millie". I've never seen it, so, it will be a lot of fun.
I'm hoping the pool water will warm up sufficiently so that I can get into the pool and see if I can't lure The Goose in there as well. I think she'll go for it this year.
Oh, and, in general, Lucy is doing quite well with resident cats Timmy Timmy and Porter. They are both very handsome boys; Timmy Timmy has been a bit shyer (likely because Lucy took off after him the first night we were here) than Porter (who talks up a blue streak and has already swiped Lucy once across the nose when she got too close).
Hopefully I'll get some good pictures of all the action here in Weeki Wachee!
We'll be here until Tuesday when we'll drive further south to spend some time with Mom and Dad and Brook in Sarasota.
Ciao for now.
Mrs. B (and Lucy)



No comments: