Friday, March 13, 2009

Florida Update

Sorry that I have not posted a lot of late; I've been distracted lazing about! Seriously, although this has been a wonderful trip/vacation, there hasn't been much to blog about; mostly because I usually blog when I'm pissed off or something (which has certainly not been the case these days!)
How can I complain about going for a leisurely bike ride or down to Venice for lunch or going shopping? I found three pairs of shoes! Yes, three. I guess this is what I collect these days; shoes and books.
Today we're headed off to the Ringling Brothers Circus Museum (I'll post more on this later) and to Total Wine (they sell liquor in Total Wine stores here in FL) so I can get Mr. B some Bombay Sapphire Gin and some sort of decent scotch (at roughly 45% LESS than what I'd pay for it in NC).
Lucy continues to do well although she won't sleep with me on the bed here since it's a bit short on one side and I'm continually kicking her.
She's quite taken with Grandpa T who has been walking her (along with Brook) every morning. She's gotten to the point where, if he leaves the RV, she looks out the window watching for him.
The bad news for her (so to speak) is that she now has two good behavior Nazi's to contend with (Grammy's still the soft touch, ever on hand with the box of chewies or a special treat (even if it's just a carrot)).
Back in NC, Mr. B is in the groove of working LONG days and not much else. He does, however, think to send me occasional pictures of my kids back home. Here is Lily helping him get ready for work (at 4:49 am, ugh!)
Ciao!

Mrs. B

2 comments:

Analee said...

eeh. even i'm still asleep at 5am.

M said...

The museum is fun, but the super cool part is the Ca d'Zan Mansion!
http://www.ringling.org/CadMansion.aspx