Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Love My Dog

I wish I had a good pix to post of me and my Goose (a recent one), but, I don't. Maybe we can remedy this on our road trip together this year.

This was actually taken yesterday during our walk in the snow at home

Anyway. I love my dog. Yeah, sometimes (at home) she is a royal pain in the butt. She gets too excited, she hates most other dogs, she constantly has her nose up Pete and/or Lily's butt, she eats their toys, she drives me nuts.

But, on the road today, I've been reminded how wonderful dogs can be. And, Lucy is a real trooper in the car. Seriously! I can put her in the back of the SUV on her bed and she'll stay put sleeping for hours and hours. We left at 7:09. I stopped in SC (just past the South of the Border place) just after 9. I did not let her out then. Around 11 or so, we stopped at the tail end of SC (the same rest area we were at last year). She was really happy to get out and do her business. I stopped a few other times to get food, gas, use facilities, etc. Lucy just hung out on her bed and kept an eye out for "mom".

Finally, we pulled into Mom and Dad B's around 5:30. Oh boy! Lucy has behaved exceptionally well. As has Fritz. Lucy got lots of hugs and kisses from her grandparents and dug out all of Fritz's toys and ran around with them (she's angling for Hedgehog II). Now, she's on the bed with me, sleeping away.

Oh, I forgot. Two people today approached me and said, "What a lovely dog!"

Ok, she's not always perfect. But, she's mine and I'm so happy to have her with me on this trip!

Mrs. B.

1 comment:

Analee said...

atleast she doesn't pee on the floor.

and, she's such a pretty dog. so soft too. and she doesn't stink.

i like her. especially 'cause she's yours!