Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Now Require the "Drop Down" Menu

Huh, you say?

Well, sometime ago, I joined something called My Points. Pretty cool; you get emails, click on a button, get 5 points each time (known as "click-thru"). Plus, if you buy something through vendors that subscribe to My Points, you get points. And, there's a lot of them. You'd be surprised. It's gotten to the point (ha ha), that, whenever I need to purchase something on-line, I check My Points, first. 8 out of 10 times, the vendor I want is there. Target, Red Envelop, Lands End, Borders, Barnes and Noble, Overstock.com, Kohl's, Bath and Body Works, Godiva, etc., etc., etc.

Over the course of six months or so, I've acquired a lot of points by both clicking-thru and shopping; enough, in fact, to purchase several $25 gift cards with my accumulated points to stores/restaurants we frequent. Just for spending some of my time clicking (and buying, but, I would have bought anyway, so, may as well get points).

Another thing My Points does is send you consumer surveys. You don't have to fill them out, but, if you do, you get 10 points if you don't qualify (this happens to me a lot; can't figure out why) or 50 points (sometimes more) if you qualify for and complete the survey. Some of the surveys have been pretty darn interesting.

So, these surveys; one way they determine if you qualify is to ask for your gender and age.

I realized the other day as I was filling one of them out that, now that I am the age I am, I have to use the "drop down" menu to get to my age!

Man, I'm getting OLD!

BTW, if anyone (I know) is interested in My Points, let me know. Obviously, you can sign up yourself but, if I refer you and you sign up, we'll both get bonus points.

Hey, why not get something for nothing (or, a very little amount of your time)?

Mrs. B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all have those "I'm getting old(er)" flashes. My first was about 13 years ago when I realized that the only guys who were giving me 2nd glances were in their 80's. The latest was last week when I was in the library, helping friend Kearney w/his computer. I went to the ladies room. Looked at myself in the mirror. (Never a good thing!) Came out & said, Dang, my hair is getting grayer. Kearney gave me a LOOK & said, Get used to it.
Hay... what's the alternative?!
Yes!?