Friday, March 28, 2008

Grumbles and Rambles

OK, had one of THOSE afternoons. So, I'll bitch, I mean, blog about it and get it off my chest.
1. I decided to go do ALL of my grocery shopping, which meant going to BJs, then Lowes, then Food Lion. Got into the car; oops, almost out of gas, so, had to go to BJs gas station, too.
2. Got on my way to Brier Creek (where three of the four stops were). Along the way, a very small dog, perhaps a puppy, walks out in front of me. No, no, I didn't hit it, but, I got to worrying that SOMEONE might so, I turned around and went back to look for it, thinking I'd see if it was wearing a collar/tag. It took me forever to find a place to turn around (with people coming up fast behind me irritated because I wasn't going as fast as they thought I should be. I WAS going the speed limit, which is 45 through there). I finally get to turn around and head back to where the dog/puppy was. As I drove by, I saw it bounding around in the grass near the side of the road. No where to stop! So, I drove on and turned around AGAIN. The next time I drove past the dog/puppy had been (now headed in my original direction), I couldn't find it, which I hoped meant it had wandered away far from the road.
3. Got to BJs gas station (BJs gas is usually 15 cents or so cheaper than even some of the cheap stations). Well, it has to be to make it worth it because getting gas there is always a hassle for me. This time was no exception. First off, there were a ton of people trying to get to the pumps. One lady was just sitting there blocking the way; you guessed it, yakking away on her damn cell phone. Finally, I get up to the pump. I put my BJs card under the scanner, it lights up, I was good to go. I went through the process of inserting my credit card, etc., and, it wouldn't give me the member price. So, I hit cancel and tried again. By this time, there is a man in a huge SUV pulled up behind me giving me "the look"; you know, gals, the one that says, "You're just a stupid broad who can't figure out how to pump gas and now I have to sit here and wait for you to figure it out! JESUS!" Trying not to get pissed off, I went through the process again; same damn thing happened. Now, Mr. Impatient Know-It-All Man throws up his hands, backs out, and whips around to another pump, glaring at me as he went. I wanted to give him the finger, but, I refrained. I went over to the station to get the attendant, who informed me I'd have to wait until she finished her paperwork. What? I walked back, went through the process AGAIN and, just as she walked up, it worked. Doesn't that always happen? She gave me a look like, "Sure, sweetheart, it wasn't your fault at all" and walked away. I HATE HATE HATE getting gas at BJs, but, 15 cents a gallon is 15 cents a gallon and all those asshole men (and women) can just kiss my sweet grits.
4. You know those people that stand at the door at places like Cost Co and Bjs and Sam's Club and check your receipt on the way out? Worthless. You know why? Because, after I got home, I realized the cashier (usually pretty worthless, too), had not rung up two of my items. And, the dude and the door (who stood there counting and counting so I had thought perhaps something was wrong but he finally clipped my receipt and sent me on my way) had missed it. So, I got home with about $15 of free groceries.
5. On to Lowes which was fairly uneventful except for this one man who kept trying to run me over with his shopping cart and the idiot cashier there who held up the dog toy I'd decided to buy for The Goose (a replacement Kitty; Kitty #1 bit the dust) and said with a look of disgust on his face, "Is this YOURS?" I said in my most snotty voice, "It's a DOG TOY; what, do you think I carry stuffed animals around with me?" The bag lady (meaning the chick bagging my groceries, not a homeless woman) said, "You'd be surprised what we see around here" while nodding knowingly at me.
6. Nothing exciting at Food Lion except the psycho self-check out lane next to me screaming out "Remove all items from the scanner scale!" over and over and over again (no one was even standing there).
7. On my way home, I vacillated as to whether or not I should make the phone calls this afternoon that I'd planned; namely, to call and find out if our stupid timeshare resort fixed the problem we'd had with our deposit into the timeshare exchange company. I decided I was in too much of a pissed off mood to get even more pissed off, so, it can wait until Monday (which is my normal day to make "business" calls, anyway).
8. I got home, unloaded the car and pulled Kitty #2 out of the bag. I don't think I've seen Lucy quite so excited in a long time. I'd thrown Kitty #1 away a few days ago and she was probably trying to figure out what happened to it. Well, when she saw Kitty #2, she went ape-shit and grinned from ear to ear. So, I guess my crappy afternoon ended on a positive note!
Mrs. B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a bad day, dear. I'd have gone ballistic over the lost/abandoned puppy but I know you tried your best. I went all out after 4 similar deals in the last 15 years & placed 2 of them w/their (anguished) owners & 1 in a new home.

The 4th (an elderly, arthritic, &, probably, abandoned dog) went over the hill.

Sometimes a smile & a joke will put a snarler's face in a better mood.

If it doesn't, you can give him/her a "you missed out" shrug & thank gawd he/she won't be coming home to your house.

I'd stay away from BJ's gas. You don't need the $.15 x 30 gallons for the aggro.

My 2 cents!