Friday, March 12, 2010

Florida Trip Part Three

So far, this has been the lowest-key trip to FL the Goose and I have had (and this makes year three, BTW). Not that this is necessarily a BAD thing, mind you; just saying.
Margot and I have been watching the NetFlix movies that I brought, Father and I have been playing cards and talking. We've eaten out a few times (as I write this, I am waiting for Father to return from and errand so we can go out for breakfast). Lucy has had many walks and has likely dropped a few pounds (her dad will be happy about that). I think, what with the walks, I've likely managed to keep too many extra vacation pounds to a minimum.
Last night, we went out to a favorite Thai place for dinner where we met family friends Jean and Bob Jr. I had probably the best Asian-fusion scallop dish I've ever had, plus a quite interesting appetizer called a "Curry Puff" (chicken, sweet potatoes and curry). Breakfast today (which I referred to earlier), was over to Emily's Diner for a plate of biscuits and sausage gravy (quite good; not as good as Mr. B's, though!)
Tonight we'll be heading to a local play house to see "Lil' Abner" (a first for me). Then, I'll depart tomorrow for our week down in Sarasota with mom and dad.
I could say I wish I had something more exciting to report, but, frankly, I don't and and don't. Life is quietly relaxing; no complaints here!
Mrs. B

2 comments:

Enzo said...

Enjoyed dinner last night. Gonna have some of the remaining duck for lunch. Travel safely and we'll see you on your return.

Bobby

Analee said...

i managed to keep my gain to under 2 pounds. that is really good considering "vacation calories don't count" in my book. :)