Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Charactecture

News on Wall Street is grim. I'm sitting here trying to comprehend an almost 780 point drop in the Dow and how that's impacted the B's. And the rest of the nation.
But, I'm not going to pontificate now on that matter; gotta think it over some.
In the meantime, Mr. B and I went to a fund raiser for the Durham Symphony Orchestra last night. A nice surprise was that they had a charactecture artists there who drew charactectures for free for any who wanted one for (tips welcomed, of course!)
Here is ours. Mr. B thinks his face looks fat; I am not really sure it looks all the much like me. But, it was fun AND the first time I've ever done this. I told Mr. B that charactectures are supposed to emphasize in an over the top way something about a person's face/style. So, of course his face is not that wide (nor are his glasses that big). What about me? I'm not really sure what the "over the top" emphasis was on me.
Any thoughts?
Mrs. B





2 comments:

Analee said...

i think just the way he drew mark's jaws looks like fat in the drawing, but we all know he has like -1 ounce of fat. he just had a square jaw!

i think they raised your cheekbones and pointed out your chin (emphasizing your heart face), and then they over arched your eyebrows to kinda give you that surprised look (which your eyebrows really don't look like that).

wiltwheel said...

I don't think it looks like you much at all. I do think it looks like Mark (although of course mark's face is not that full!).