Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

I woke up this morning to a steady rain. Believe me, it was definitely hard to get out of bed as it was warm and toasty and comfy there with the pets cuddling with me. But, alas, Mr. B was already at work and so I felt guilty about lazing around so up I got.
I have quite a few things I want to get done today; some of them I already have accomplished (it is 10:45, after all). Being that Mr. B has my car (the BMW is in the shop...again...which, incidentally, has led us down the path of discussing potential new car(s)...probably a good time to buy one given all of the 0% interest deals going on now although I don't really want a car payment), I'm stuck home all day. Which means many of those little tasks that I've been procrastinating on should get taken care of today (if I can avoid the lure of Facebook, that is!)
As I write this, I am remembering that I still have books to review. Sigh. Sort of like that movie that is playing now, "He's Just Not That Into You"; I'm just not that into writing about books I read last year. Maybe what I'll do is simply list them, give them a star-rating, and have done with it.
Anyway, as I was sitting here at the kitchen table going over my new insurance policy, Pete got a hold of one of the milk jug rings and was scooting it all over creation. In fact, he's still playing with it, although it appears it is stuck under the boxes of Two Buck Chuck we have stacked in the utility room (for Margot and Father). I wondered where Lily was; she'd given up on the ring since Pete was hogging it.
I turned around and saw this:


She sure has good taste; hanging out in mom's Coach purse!

Lucy is sacked out on her bed. She seems to pick up on moods; e.g., I don't want to do anything so neither does she. It's too wet to go for a walk. Maybe I'll work with her later on playing fetch (the first part is getting her to willingly give me a toy or ball; we can do this inside sitting on the floor).

Ok, I'm definitely gonna get up off my butt now and go work out!
Mrs. B

3 comments:

Analee said...

i'm actually kinda happy its raining today. its making me stay in today... no shower, staying in pjs, i want to nap, but i'm getting lotsa work done while holly takes them.

that picture of lily is cute. i wish bo could come out and play. i wish i could trust him. i fear that he has figured out ourmorning ritual now, which is me opening his crate, him coming out, then me pushing a pill down his throat.

this morning he wouldn't come out. and when he did, he wouldn't come near me. and when i finally tackled him, he wasn't happy about it and drooled and hissed the whole time.

i'd put $100 that he gets another UTI from the stress of me giving him antistress pills. :)

Margot said...

Sorry, Analee... is bo a cat or dog? A lot of people swear by Feliway for stressed cats & you just put the ointment on the ear. Lot easier than pills.

How bout just a book list, Amy, w/star ratings. Here it is late Feb & I can't get motivated to put out my 2008 booklist.

The literary spark gets weaker w/age!

Analee said...

bo is a cat and i've tried that stuff. i tried it a long time ago when he would get sick in the car. it didn't work.

he is just a spaz cat. the dr said he can go up a dose on his anxiety meds. i figured out that dissolving the tablet in water then squirting it down his throat is easier than trying to pill him.

this morning i left him out for a while before i cornered him. he was ready to go outside after that. this summer i believe he'll become an outdoor cat.