Friday, October 3, 2008

The World Beer Festival Is TOMORROW!!!


So, in honor of beer and the (safe) consumption of it, here are a few apt quotes:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
"Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days" -- Ancient Egyptian Proverb
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but, the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza" -- Dave Barry
"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink" -- W.C. Fields
"A man hath no better thing under the sun than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry" -- Ecclesiastes 8:15
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind" -- Humphrey Bogart
And, my favorite and the one I'll be reciting in my head tomorrow:
"Quaintest thoughts and queerest fancies come to life and fade away. What care I how time advances; I am drinking ale today" -- Edgar Allan Poe
SALUTE!
Mrs. B


No comments: