Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Places I've Been at 8:30 AM

It was a brilliantly beautiful morning today; sunny and blue skies with just the right combination of chill and warmth. As I was driving home from dropping The Kid off at school around 8:30, I got to thinking about all of the many places I've been on sunny mornings at 8:30. Here are a few (in no particular order as this was supposed to be a "free-flow" exercise!):
Walking from my apartment to class in Verona, Italy
Sitting out on our private balcony on the Queen Mary II with Mr. B on our honeymoon
Walking Lucy in our neighborhood
Cuddling with Nigel and Clyde in the Green Chair in my condo in Torrance while reading the morning paper and drinking coffee
Early morning driving on more road trips (and with just about everyone I know) than I can count!
Having breakfast in England with Father and Margot
Walking across “the campus” at Space Park on my way to a 9:00 meeting
Sitting in our sun room reading the Sunday paper
Chatting with my in-laws and working the crossword puzzle at our kitchen table
Snuggling in bed after playing hooky from either school or work
Having breakfast with mom at The Weathervane
Helping dad do repairs on rental properties
Sitting in East Commons (at San Diego State) smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee
Making Sunrise breakfast sandwiches at Carl’s Jr. and working the Drive-Thru
Sitting in more (elementary, junior high, high school and college) courses than I can possibly remember
Riding a bus from Serrano, Italy to Rome with Hisaka
Sitting in Piazza Erbe in Verona sipping cappuccinos and people watching
Strolling through the Rialto Market in Venice with Pam
Eating biscuits and sausage gravy at Emily’s diner with Father (and sometimes Margot and Jon S.)
Roaming the farm and “helping” Grandpa C. feed the animals in upstate NY
Having breakfast with my siblings and cousins at Grandma Walbring’s house
Watching cartoons (when I was young!)
Getting lost in the airport in Paris
Riding the Tube in London
On a bus with Mr. B from Southampton, England to London
On more airplanes and/or in more airports than I care to remember!
Walking from my “barracks” to the work facility in Alice Springs, Australia
On the beach in Cairns, Australia (the sun rises in the West in Australia!)
Watching the sun rise over the Superstition Mountains near Phoenix, Arizona
Sitting on a lanai in Maui, Hawaii; having breakfast, with mom and dad
Hung over!
Opening Christmas presents and drinking Mimosa’s
Walking along the beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Eating breakfast while watching the fog rise over the distant mountains in Puerto Vallarta
Sitting in front of my computer
Pulling into the parking lot where my current consulting gig is
Driving home from dropping The Kid off at school
Mrs. B

No comments: