Friday, October 17, 2008

My Memorials to My Boys

Clyde and Nigel's Albums
Clyde's says "Clyde 1992-2008 Our Sweet Pal" and Nigel's reads "Nigel 1991-2006 Beloved Friend"
After dragging my feet for several weeks, I was determined to finish Clyde's album today. I know why I was procrastinating; the end of the journey of memories with a cherished pet is infinitely more difficult than the beginning or middle.
Yet, I felt I "owed it" to Clyde; to wrap this up, already!
So, I buckled down and got it done. Yeah, lots of tears. But, like with Nigel's album, that huge wave of grief brought with it closure as well.
Now, the only thing that is left to do is for Mr. B to finish their urns made from a very pretty piece of cherry. We decided they'd like their final resting place to be something made lovingly by him, not some plastic box sitting in a velvet bag.
I must say, though; it's nice to pick up one or both of their albums now and look through it; reliving our time together.
They'll be here, if any of y'all want to come "visit" with your old friends!
Mrs. B

2 comments:

Analee said...

next time i get soap in my eye, maybe i can read one to wash it out.

i don't like to cry. but those books are beautiful in the picture!

Analee said...

oh, i meant to say also that the one of nigel... the cover photo of him looking out the window... i love that picture. i love his profile. if i were a cat, i'd want his profile.