Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Silliness


It's, well, Sunday! Mr. B's out puttering in the garage. I just finished throwing together a batch of Cincinnati Chili Mole into the the crock pot; now it gets to simmer 4-6 hours. I should, yes I should, be doing something productive. Like, clean. Or, go through my ever present and ever growing To Do list and knock off an item or two. Yet, probably because it is Sunday; lazy day, I'm going to Blog silliness instead; and, my favorite way to do so is to answer a bunch of random questions. Maybe they won't all be silly!

  1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4: Green Light: Lights when the system is disarmed and ready to be armed (ok, I didn't have a book handy, this is the User Guide for our alarm system).

  2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?: Nothing. Air.

  3. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?: I played one game of Microsoft Hearts (current win percentage is an amazing 71%).

  4. What is the last thing you watched on TV?: We watched two episodes of Dexter (via NetFlix).

  5. Without looking, guess what time it is: 3:15.

  6. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?: 3:02.

  7. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?: The fountain in the swimming pool.

  8. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?: I went into the garage to ask Mr. B to drain the fat off the hamburger. I stayed out with Lucy while he went into the kitchen. She promptly laid down on the mat by the door and pouted and pined.

  9. Did you dream last night?: Yes.

  10. Do you remember your dreams?: Yes. Wait, don't you want to know WHAT I dreamed last night? I was back in our (recently sold) house in Durham. I was upstairs opening up all the doors to the bedrooms, which, for some reason, were all closed. I went into what had been Cailyn's room and found a very large white cat inside. I immediately worried that it had peed and popped all over the carpet; then, I stopped to ask myself, "WTF? Why is there some strange white cat in Cailyn's room?" I have no idea what this dream meant.

  11. When did you last laugh?: Hmmm...? I think it may have been at a church (newcomers) meeting the other night. Turns out one of the other newcomers plays for the Baltimore Oriels; a very young guy with a wry since of humor. After he introduced himself, the lady next to him said she was originally from Jamaica but had lived in Rochester NY for most of her adult life. She turned to the Oriels's player and said, "Sorry, but I'm a Yankee's fan" to which he quipped, "No problem. So is my entire family". That just struck me as funny.

  12. Do you remember why / at what?: See above.

  13. What is on the walls of the room you are in?: Believe it or not, nothing, yet.

  14. Seen anything weird lately?: Some of the get-ups of the muckity muck ladies at the opera the other night. Whew.

  15. What do you think of this quiz?: So far, so good. It's killing time, anyway.

  16. What is the last film you saw?: Thor. It should have been called Thud (and, yes; you warned me, Father!)

  17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?: Right where I'm at.

  18. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?: Maybe a new car. I don't know, I can't really think of much I'd immediately want to buy.

  19. Tell me something about you that most people don't know: I don't have many secrets.

  20. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?: Everyone would respect everyone else's religions, politics, beliefs regardless of whether they agreed.

  21. Do you like to dance?: Yes.

  22. Would you ever consider living abroad?: Probably not.

  23. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?: Yam. Is that interesting?

  24. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?: My Father.

  25. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?: Mr. B downloaded a new version of Quick Books.

  26. Last time you swam in a pool?: About a month ago.

  27. Type of music you like most?: Depends on what I'm doing.

  28. Type of music you dislike most?: Rap. Blech.

  29. Are you listening to music right now?: No.

  30. What color is your bedroom carpet?: Sorta aqua-ish. I think it's called Sea Foam.

  31. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?: Put granite on the kitchen counters/island.

  32. What was the last thing you bought?: Groceries.

  33. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?: Yes (this must be a British quiz).

  34. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?: No.

  35. Do you have a garden?: No.

  36. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?: Yes.

  37. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?: Whether or not the dog is on the bed.

  38. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?: Elizabeth I.

  39. Who sent the last text message you received?: Mr. B.

  40. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?: I wouldn't.

  41. What time is bed time?: Around 11.

  42. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?: You're kidding, right?

  43. How many tattoos do you have?: Exactly none.

  44. If you don't have any, have you ever thought of getting one?: Yes, but, I probably won't now.

  45. What did you do for your last birthday?: Mr. B made me a lovely dinner.

  46. Do you carry a donor card?: Not a specific donor car but it is indicated on my license.

  47. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?: Mr. B.

  48. Is the glass half empty or half full?: Full.

  49. What's the farthest-away place you've been?: Australia.

  50. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?: Couldn't tell you.

  51. Have you ever won a trophy?: Won? No, but, I did receive several trophies for playing softball when I was growing up.

  52. Are you a good cook?: I'm a good cook, yes. Mr. B is a good CHEF.

  53. Do you know how to pump your own gas?: Are you serious?

  54. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?: Elizabeth I.

  55. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?: No.

  56. Do you touch-type?: I have no idea what this means. I can type quite rapidly and I don't have to look.

  57. What's under your bed?: Usually a cat or two. Definitely a few cat toys and sometimes an ear plug or hair elastic.

  58. Do you believe in love at first sight?: No.

  59. Think fast, what do you like right now?: Hot Tamales.

  60. Where were you on Valentine's day?: At home with Mr. B.

  61. What time do you get up?: 7:30. Oh, ok, it's starting to be closer to 8:30 these days!

  62. What was the name of your first pet?: The first one I really loved was Buda.

  63. Who is the second to last person to call you?: Who cares?

  64. Is there anything going on this weekend?: There almost always is. However, it's quiet at the house of B.

  65. How are you feeling right now?: Lazy.

  66. What do you think about the most?: There is really nothing I think about more than anything else. I'm an equal opportunity thinker.

  67. What time do you get up in the morning?: Running out of questions, are you? Around 8:45.

  68. If you had A Big Win in the Lottery, how long would you wait to tell people?: A Big Win in the Lottery? Seriously? Ok, probably a long time.

  69. Who would you tell first?: Mr. B.

  70. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema?: True Grit (no, not the one made in the 60s!)

  71. Do you sing in the shower?: Not really.

  72. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?: Haven't we been through this already?

  73. What do you do most when you are bored?: Answer silly questions.

  74. What do you do for a living?: I am Mrs. B.

  75. Do you love your job?: Yes.

  76. What did you want to be when you grew up?: An ice skater.

  77. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?: Pretty much exactly what I'm doing now.

  78. Which came first the chicken or the egg?: Egg Beaters.

  79. How many keys on your key ring?: One.

  80. Where would you retire to?: Here.

  81. What kind of car do you drive?: Hyundai and Ford.

  82. What are your best physical features?: I don't know; probably the fact that I am relatively healthy.

  83. What are your best characteristics?: Organized and disciplined.

  84. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?: A really long back to back cruise.

  85. What kind of books do you like to read?: Varied.

  86. Where would you want to retire to?: Still here.

  87. What is your favorite time of the day?: Depends on the day, meaning, what's going on.

  88. Where did you grow up?: San Diego.

  89. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?: Let's see, about 1500 miles or so?

  90. What are you reading now?: Shanghai Girls and The Sandalwood Tree.

  91. Are you a morning person or a night owl?: I can be both or neither.

  92. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?: No.

  93. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?: Yes.

  94. Do you have pets?: SIX.

  95. How many rings before you answer the phone?: Depends on where the phone is.

  96. What is your best childhood memory?: Way too many to write down. I had a great childhood.

  97. What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?: Pretty much Human Resources with a little ESL teaching.

  98. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?: There are a few fun visits/trips to look forward to coming up this month and next!

  99. What is most important in life?: Living a good one.

  100. What Inspires You?: Every day's a new day with the opportunity to be better than the day before.
Mrs. B

No comments: