I got this topic from SIL Analee's Blog. I had to think about this pretty hard as I wasn't sure there were 10 separate things that I could talk about for hours; even so, some of them sorta blend in with one another/overlap.
Here goes (and this is not a Top Ten list meaning "1" is more important than "10"; just a list of ten topics!)
1. Food and wine (recipes, cooking, restaurants, wineries, favorite wines, food and wine pairings).
2. Books and movies.
3. Pets (mine, others, fostering, training, pet memories).
4. People (this subject is a never-ending fodder of conversation! Includes: People I know, used to know, celebrities, ex spouses, random idiots I encounter throughout my day, etc.)
6. Philosophy (mine, others, right vs. wrong, what ifs, etc.)
7. Family, friends and memories (meaning, if I'm with a particular friend or family member, we could go on for hours talking about our shared memories).
8. The News (there is ALWAYS something going on in the World that one could natter about for hours, even if it is to complain/grouse/express disbelief; e.g., are we DONE comparing MJ to JFK yet? PLEASE!)
9. My Hobby Du Jour (known to frequently change once I tire of it, but, while I'm at it, I like to talk about it!) Current hobby: Kitten fostering (which includes discussing the organization we're working with). Other recent hobies: Consulting, Investing, ESL.
10. History (oh, just get me going on the Tudors!)
I'm curious, what are yours? Comment, please!