Saturday, June 14, 2008

Illusions of the King

Elvis? No, it's Keith, our KB Rep!

Y'all have read me (I just made that up; it's like "heard me", but, since y'all "listen" to me by reading my Blog, it's really "read me"!) talk about Keith, the KB Customer Service Representative who has been extremely helpful and definitely instrumental in ensuring that our hardwood floor will be replaced (this joyous event will occur this coming Tuesday-Thursday).
Anyway, I saw a lot of Keith throughout 2007 while working through this or that issues with our house. He'd mentioned to me on more than one occasion that he had his own musical show; that he performed here and there, singing mostly Elvis songs. Well, I have to admit, when I looked at him, I could see a resemblance to the older Elvis. And, Keith has a tendency to wear his shirts unbuttoned revealing his chest hair and masses of gold chains and medallions, sort of like the Elvis of, say age 45.

About a week, ago, he says to me, "Hey, my band is doing a show, you should come check it out. Look on the website for details".

Curious, I Googled Keith and came up with a lot more than I ever expected! I mean, this guy is an Elvis impersonator! Our "floor" dude! Here's his site: http://www.keithillusions.com/default.asp.
One of Keith's CDs

He even has CDs, including one of Christmas music, which, I think I'll buy (I'm always looking for different holiday music); maybe I can get him to autograph it for me :-)
I'm not being snarky here; I found a few videos of him on You Tube and he's actually quite talented and has a great voice and, I think, sounds like Elvis, especially the "older" version. The video quality ain't great, but here is one of them:



So, Tuesday when he comes over to supervise the replacement of our floors, I'll have to remember that I have a CELEBRITY in my house. Maybe he'll indulge me in a song or two!

Mrs. B





1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Yes, we will have a celebrity in the house. Maybe you can get him to get you a CD and autograph the cover for you.