Monday, June 16, 2008

44 "Odd" Things About Me


I received this "survey" in an email from Analee. I don't really think too many of the questions are odd, per se; maybe just "little known facts"!

It's Monday, and, although I really do have plenty to blog about, it's hot and I don't feel like thinking much. So, this is a perfect entry for a Monday morning!

Mrs. B


1. Do you like blue cheese? Or, is it "bleu" cheese? In any case, yes, I like it quite a lot! My mom made an excellent blue cheese ball for our appetizer last night!


2. Have you ever smoked? Yep, I smoked on and off from age 15 (or so) to age 40 (I officially quit on June 1, 2004). I do still, on occasion, smoke a cigar, but, it's not really the same thing as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day!


3. Do you own a gun? Not any longer. The ex husband got possession of it in our divorce. Fine by me. Ok, well, I guess we do own some "old-fashioned" shot guns/riffles, but, they are more ornamental than anything else.


4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? Cherry.


5. Do you get nervous before doctor's appointments? It depends on what the appointment is for. I typically get more anxious before dental appointments.


6. What do you think of hot dogs? They are okay, on occasion. They taste best when eaten at a ball game with a cold beer!


7. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh, probably "It's A Wonderful Life".


8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? COFFEE!


9. Can you do push-ups? Probably not.


10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? The only one I wear with any consistency; my wedding band.


11. Favorite hobby? Traveling.


12. Do you have ADD? Nope, but, I might have OCD!


13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Well, hate is a strong word to use when describing oneself, isn't it? I would prefer to say I don't like the fact that I tend to think the worst at times. I'm trying to work on this, but, it has a positive outcome, which is, I also tend to get what I want most times because I contingency plan for the worst.


14. Middle name? Born Christina; now, it's legally my maiden name.


15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment? I'm glad I emptied that stinky trash can. I hope I'm ready for the big floor replacement starting tomorrow!


16. Name three drinks you regularly drink? Wine, water, Diet Coke.


17. Current worry? See #15!


18. Current hate right now? Well...there is that hate word again. 


19. Favorite place to be? With Mark on vacation anywhere.


20. How did you bring in the New Year? With Mark, Lucy and my (since) dearly departed Clyde.


21. Where would you like to go? To a lot of places! But, the next one we are definitely going to is Puerto Vallarta next Wednesday!


22. Name three people who will complete this? Probably nobody; maybe Kathleen.


23. Do you own slippers? Yes, lilac colored ones but I hardly wear them because they make me walk funny. I'm more of a slipper sock kind of gal or barefoot (best).


24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? White with cats on stair-masters (the back of the shirt has the rear-view of same cats).


25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not really. I prefer high thread count sheets or flannel in the winter. Satin sheets feel slimy to me.


26. Can you whistle? Yep!


27. Favorite color? Green.


28. Would you be a pirate? Uh, no.


29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever pops into my head.


30. Favorite girls name? I don't know; a lot of them are pretty. If I got another female dog or a female cat, I'd call her Lily.


31. Favorite boys name? I tend to think of this in terms of the names for our next male cats (whenever that will be). One will be Pete, the other, maybe Dexter or Tobias or Timothy.


32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets.


33. Last thing that made you laugh? Not sure; probably something someone said last night.


34. Best bed sheets as a child? Who knows! Who cares!


35. Worst injury you've ever had? I've been lucky, knock on wood. Maybe my broken collar bone when I was two or three (which I don't ever remember) or my root canal in 1993 (which I certainly DO remember!)


36. Do you love where you live? I love the house. I'll love it better once the floor is replaced. I'll enjoy the neighborhood more when the construction is over.


37. How many TVs do you have in your house? One TV; no cable, though! So, it's basically used to watch DVDs.


38. Who is your loudest friend? None of my friends are overly loud, but, of them, Peri is probably the most vocal!


39. How many dogs do you have? One.


40. Does someone have a crush on you? Highly unlikely! Someone does love me, though, which is a much better situation to be in.


41. What is your favorite book? I can never answer this question. There are far too many of them.


42. What is your favorite candy? It's a toss up between bubble gum (not the sugar free crap), dark chocolate, or dark chocolate with coconut.


43. Favorite sports team? The Durham Bulls.


44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" from his 9th Symphony.

6 comments:

Doc said...

"Lily, Pete, Dexter or Tobias or Timothy."

I'm pushing for the obvious...

Girl: Ethel or Viv

Boy: Fred and Ricardo (Ricky just doesn't sound like a cat name, but Ricardo does!)

Also, if you get a boy cat named Pete, seriously consider the second one being named Repeat.

Analee said...

pete and repeat. that is cute.

Mrs. B said...

Pete and Repeat? Yeah, but what if "something" happened to Pete; then, we'd have a named Repeat, which wouldn't make much sense!

I'm pretty sure the next pets will be male.

I might be able to live with Ricardo or, perhaps, Desi. Not Fred, though!

It'll all depend on how they look, I guess.

Mrs. B said...

I meant to write "...and then we'd have a CAT named Repeat".

Mrs. B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margot said...

Ooo... that's a long survey. I'll pick on #18, tho it's slightly more peeve than hate: the Confederate flag.
There's a massive one (30x50 atop a 139' pole), funded by the Sons of the Confederacy, about to be flown near the 4/75 intersection in Tampa. on private property. & lit at night.
I look at that flag & it symbolizes the preCivil War south where 80% of the wealth was owned by 20% of the population. & all those young men who were suckered into fighting for a system that was keeping them in poverty.
Hay, I'm for everyone who reveres their ancestors who fought & died so gallantly for the south. My Hyundai runs around w/an Irish flag as its front license plate.

But keep that Confederate flag in museums, on graves, & as front auto licenses & not where an American flag should be flying.
End of rant!