Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's Cooking at the B's

I have a bunch of Blog ideas but just can't seem to get around to blogging these days. So, since I know it's been a few days since I HAVE blogged, I'll at least post something.
As I type this, Mr. B is in the kitchen working away on some yummy things for dinner. As is typical of these days, I plan the menu and usually do all of the cooking except for on the weekends (or if I am away at a meeting). This afternoon, we've been having fun working together in the kitchen preparing our meal for later on tonight while sipping on Victory Hop Devil Ale.
So, what's on the menu for tonight?
Grilled Filet Mignon with Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Pepper Chimichurri
Crusty Lentil Cakes with Garlic and Herbs in Tomato Chipotle Sauce
Salad
A bottle of some really good wine (TBD)
You can imagine how wonderful our kitchen smells now with the aromas of roasted garlic, tomatoes, onions and a spicy smoky chipotle finish!
I'm doing a lot of the Sous Chef work tonight but that's fine by me; every time we do this, I learn something new.
Mrs. B

3 comments:

Jon said...

Victory Hop Devil...a fine beer. a little milder and more balanced than 2 Hearted.

Dinner sounded delicious. We had grilled cheese and bowls of Campbells Soup. We forgot to defrost something for dinner...oops. At least the cheese was an excellent English Farmer cheddar.

Analee said...

saturday night we got take out mexican... fajitas.

no time to cook. if i remember, i'll put something in the crock pot for dinner tonight.

i'm with jon. GC and soup. we eat GC a lot. kendal eats one a day!

boy what i would do for a filet... yum!

Mrs. B said...

It was all very good. I have to say, though, that the lentil cakes were especially to die for. The sauce was HOT HOT HOT. We have some of it left; Mr. B's thinking smoky pulled pork tacos with this sauce would be an excellent option.

Grilled cheese and soup is not bad, either, though! Good comfort food.

Analee; we were at Tyler's last night and I had that antipasto sandwich you had last time we were there.

OH SO GOOD!

I'm so hungry for some reason...