Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Saved from Being a CPA Widow

So, this is the time of the year that really sucks for CPAs (and anyone that is related to them) because, as you know, April 15th looms. Mr. B has been basically working insane hours since early February, but, as the deadline approaches, the hours have become beyond insane. And, with less than two weeks to go, it's only gonna get worse. Poor, poor Mr. B.
In the meantime, yours truly has been going a bit bonkers. It's not that I can't find stuff to do all day (I can); rather, after a time, one craves HUMAN contact. I mean, it can be gratifying to carry on meaningful conversations with Lucy; she's always sympathetic and never argues with me, but, well, she never SAYS anything either, so, it is a tad one-sided!
My sister in law (NO SCHIST) invited me over to their house yesterday and so I went and spent a very enjoyable afternoon with her and Kendal. Then, my brother came home and we talked for a few hours (standing in the kitchen, of course) about all sorts of things. Joy! Real, human adult conversation (not that I minded Kendal's baby inputs in the least, either!)
So, today, I feel refreshed and ready to deal with a few more days solo.
Here are a few pictures of Kendal from yesterday. What a cutie!


Mrs. B

2 comments:

Margot said...

He's a cutie but it'll be several years before you can carry on a "meaningful conversation" w/him!

Analee said...

i can't wait to hear him talk either! it'd be nice to have some feedback sometimes like... "bottle, paci, sleep, kiss"