Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Itchin' and Scratchin'


It's started again! Each Spring, I start to itch like mad. It kept me awake all night Sunday; it felt like creepy crawlies were all over my body. Slap! Scratch! Repeat! And it goes on and on. I'm surprised that I don't have welts all over my body. I should probably buy some of that Aveeno Oatmeal Bath stuff; I've heard that it supposed to really work on calming itchy skin.

On top of it, my eyelids are also extremely itchy. So, forget wearing my contact lenses right now.

So, yeah, me and the pets; we're all scratching away. Lucky Mr. B remains itch-free.

If it's anything like last year, though, the itching phase foretells the end of allergy season.

Thank God! It's been a tough one this year!

Mrs. B

2 comments:

Analee said...

not dry skin? interesting that pollen makes your skin itch. lavender is also a skin soother. cetaphil, not a lavender product, is great for itchy skin if it is because of dryness or eczema. i use a kiss my face lavender product. it really helps my itchyness, which is because of dry skin, not allergies.

good luck. itchiness is horrible. this time of year, i itch on the INSIDE.

Mrs. B said...

My skin usually isn't dry or itchy, only this time of the year and thankfully only for a few days.

Thanks for the hint re the lavender et al. I do love lavender!

How can one itch on the inside? :-)