Monday, September 11, 2017

The Whole30 Day 15: Blame it on the Hurricane!




As I posted on Facebook Saturday night, "We interrupt this Whole30 for wine".  Yes, the anxiety and stress due to the impending arrival of Hurricane Irma drove us to drink wine over the weekend. Technically, this calls for a re-set and beginning again at Day 1.  We say "pooh" to this, however; especially since we've kept all other restrictions faithfully and we will refrain from drinking again until Day 31 (which will now be extended by the number of days we drank).  This will be our punishment!

So, the drinking aside, how are we feeling?  Fairly decent, all things considered.  And, I'm not just saying this because I don't want to give up wine forever but, adding the wine back in this weekend didn't seem to cause any issues for either one of us; rather, it certainly did a world of good by cutting the tension.  Still, I'm good with giving it up again for another fifteen plus days.

In all honesty, I'm not sure which way is up right now.  I'm discombobulated due to the craziness of this past week. However, right before it got totally nuts, Mark said to me he didn't see why we couldn't continue to eat this way for the most part from now on.  He's probably right.  I'm not really craving anything in particular from our "old way of eating", and in fact was overjoyed to have roasted potatoes the other night (it's probably been three years since we've made regular potatoes at home!)

I am, though, experiencing cravings for things I wasn't even eating before we began; namely, Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.  Go figure!




Mrs. B

No comments: